Friday, July 06, 2007

Lactose intolerance


Suffering from stomach ache again now. :(

Not very sure because I eat too much fruit yesterday, or the fruit was spoil or I milk today?!? I just don't feel well.

I think the possiblity of milk is more.
So I check up this topic called Lactose intolerance.

Did you every heard that some people cannot drink milk?? They drink milk will cause excess gas production, stomach aches and often diarrhea. Sometimes I'm like that, but sometimes I'm not. According wikipedia, most lactose-intolerant adults can drink about 250 mL (8 oz) of milk per day without severe symptoms. So that means some times its ok for me, some times its not.

Just curious that why when we are a baby, we drink milk. But when we are an adult, we can't drink milk. If we can't drink milk when we are a baby, there will be no adults. Just know that lactose intolerance increases with increasing age. Meaning that some people can drink milk last time where they are a baby, but when age grown older, we don't have the enzyme to digest the lactose. Asian - Japanese and chinese stands a huge number of lactose intolerance, maybe due to our meals here don't consume too much milk or dairy products.

Alternative I can go for high quality protien drink, soya bean. Or I can train myself to drink everyday a bit abit milk until I can drink a cup full of milk.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin