Saturday, June 09, 2007

Dentist appointment

Dentist the the scariest thing on the earth - pain and expensive. Remembering those days when I was young, my parents use to sent me to this dentist place that is for goverment servants. Althought its free, but still scary, but after they do your teeth, they will let you select a toy infront of you- which is the most happiest part. My last dentist visit was in high school, where I have 9 holes that was repaired. Shocking right. Eat too much sweet I guess.

This time, my teeth is quite serious one. Before Chinese New Year, 1/4 of the teeth chip out when I was having my lunch. Ended up a dentist at Jalan Genting Klang give me 2 choice
1.Pull out that teeth ~ RM50
2.do Root Canal Treatment that is about RM600.
I wouldn't want to pull out that teeth, because its a permanant teeth and its my 1st big teeth starting from the front. Plus if I pull that teeth, next time my teeth will become loose then before.

Wah~ what a huge amount if I do the special treatment. Just because I didn't go and repair a hole (which is long long time there). I need to pay so much? Plus the doctors attitude I don't like.Plus charging me so expensive (My friend only did for RM400- same treatment) So I decided to find other alternatives.

Asked my friends around KL, non have good recommendation of dentist near my area. All of them say it should be around that price.

Asked back at Penang, the price was much more lower. I can get a treatment for RM400 and above. But it requires not only 1 treatment, but may be 2-3 treatment. So this choice is out.
I search online for dentist, but those dentist that can have an online site are mostly well know dentist which have high charging fee. I email several clinics and mostly they say is around RM600-RM1000. That time I just realise that this is KL price.

Search again and again until I found alvinb blog where he mention on his blog that the dentist he when is quite reasonable price plus good service. And guess what, its quite near my house. So decided to go there for a try. Drag again, as its my attitude, until one time my gums around that tooth starting to becoming pain. Everytime I bite anything with this tooth, there is a major pain on it. TS even "add salt add vinegar", saying that tooth cannot be repair any more, too big hole, need to pull out.... etc.

Call up that clinic and check the price, it requires also RM400 -RM600 depanding on the teeth condition for the root canal treatment.

When to the clinic past 2 saturday. The nurse inform me to be early as Saturday morning is first come first serve, and they only accept 15 people only. I reach at around 9.30am (clinic open at 9am), and I saw kooi sim with his gf and his gf brother there. I didn't know kooi sim knew this place. Should early early ask everyone around me for dentist around KL.

Was nerves, as usual, waiting long time until 11am, its my turn. When he check my teeth, I got another alternative, which no other doctors give me this alternative:-1. Put dressing medicine on to my teeth, let it stay for 2 weeks. If no pain, can do repair. If pain, need to do the 2nd treatment.2. More advance treatment compare to root canal treatment. Cost - RM300. Which is cheaper then root canal treatment. ORRoot canal treatment that will cost RM6003. Worst case - pull out the teeth.

I have another 3 holes to repair, and I ask him to do it all too.

The process of the applying of dressing is abit painful. He apply one type of medicine on my teeth covering up the hole. And the medicine is very smelly.

Total treatment is RM165. 3 small holes and 1 big hole.

2nd visit to the clinic is today. I reach at 9am, but still need to wait until 11am. Next time must go thru appoitment(Monday-Friday can booked for appoitments).

He repair my teeth by filling up the hole. With a special white filling. Just abit of tiny pain. And the doctor will always asking you, do u feel pain or not. Total fee is RM50. He advise that, I can't use this teeth to eat hard food- such as peanuts, carbs... etc. the other part will crack and at that time their need to pull out my teeth. If this hole you won't feel pain after 3-4 months, you can come back to do a crowning which enable me to eat back hard food at this site. Cool~~

Ended up I no need to do Root Canal Treatment. And I do need to pay much money for the dentist fee. Highly recommend this dentist.

Kumpulan Klinik Pergigian Semarak
No. 31-1, Jalan 46A/26,
Rampai Town Centre,
53300 Setapak KL
Tel:03-4142 4818
(Same row as per CIMB Bank)

1 comment:

Cheryl -_-" said...

Mine silver filling, 3 holes.. RM250!! Then my bf's bro recommended his childhood fren - who is a dentist.. who fixed my other 2 holes on teeth for RM100 (white filling).. a discounted rate.. yes, dental treatment is EXPENSIVE! n my company oni give us RM250 per yr to claim.. where got enuf?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin