Monday, June 04, 2007

Sock plush 袜子娃娃

Brought this book at Friday when I was at the Book Fest 2007 at KLCC convention Center. Think and think and think for quite a long time (at 1st thought it was RM47.10 less 20%), ended up was RM35 - special price for the Book Fest. Like this book because its all color up. But too less step by step tutorial.



哇哩咧 ~ 我是襪子娃娃!
作者:丹塔,廖家威/攝影
出版社:蘋果屋
出版日期:2006 年 09 月 27 日
語言別:繁體中文
丹塔 Blog

End up trying this craft when I was at TS house.
This is my 1st craft ~ A cat (The face seems a bit weird as this is the 1st time i try to sew its face features). I decided to play with this is because it uses lesser time to sew rather then cloth plush. I can do some for my friends are birthday present.


2nd art work that I did. Its a small creature with 1 pair of long ears. This is simple and easy to do. Beginner should try this out.


My sock I brought was those cheap cheap sock that I buy from a low cost shop, RM2 per pair. As per book say that if you go for quality plush, you can go for cheap sock as their material is not comfortable to grab.

My next sew will be a cute pig from the book, but until I find the suitable sock for it. The pigs are dam cute~~

8 comments:

jun1016 said...

上次去书局也有看到这本书,但是觉得有一点点贵,所以没有买。
而且我最怕我这个人,没有耐心持之以恒。所以。。。。
不过这个袜子娃娃好玩吗?
以后要和你多讨教了!

onebowl said...

very very cute!! :D i must try to do it too :D any tutorials?

princessmiki said...

hi... u have any idea if any Bookshop in KL still sell this? thanks.

happyichigo♥ said...

so cuteee...i wanna but the book too..or can i borrow urs? hee hee

Ciyou said...

ichigo: yes u can borrow from me, but it is all written in chinese.

Celine said...

hey , gal i also got bought the book . but i bought the laters version ! . i love sock doll very much . i had sewing it for sale . if u are intresting u can add me is facebook kiyaty_shiro@hotmail.com . Go thru my facebook album . I had create a name for my sock doll = Chiwawa !!!! or we can find a day yamcha , dicuss about this sock doll !

Ciyou said...

hi celine,

I have added u on your facebook
its been quite sometimes i didn't make any sock toy, was into sewing more now

Maggie said...

Ciyou,I'm sock doll fan, i want to learn how to make sock doll since long time ago, but i dont hav any tutorial teach me how to do & i'm looking for that book you bought. i searched for few book store but can't find any, can any1 teach me how to get this book? i'm from kuching, sarawak. thanks.
PS: do u have any facebook account? if yes, can i add u? my hotmail is ma99ie82@hotmail.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin