Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Genuine Software

My office is busy preparing software licence for each PC after the last spot check by Malaysia goverment. All PC need to have Genuine Software as per Malaysian Law. This makes us IT people very busy uninstall all staff unlicence software from their PC. Including those FREE for personal use only software are removed also - including Ad-Aware 2007 Free, AVG Anti-Virus Free .. etc.

Now I have to proof every single software that I install on my PC is Licence or FREE for Business Use. Now I currently know that CoreFTP Lite is Free for Business and Commercial Use. Others software I'm still searching, eg: WEb CEO, Apache, Mysql.... etc.

I didn't know until I search for the software price at Lowyat.net. Original Software are super expensive. Can't imagine it. Thats why pirated software sells hot at market.

Windows XP Pro - RM 470
Photoshop CS2 - RM 2560
Dreamweaver 8 - RM 1480
Microsoft Small Business Edition 2003 - RM 835
Total= RM5345 -Super Expensive!!!!!
[Price as per 19/Jun/2007 from Loywat.net]

Normal Staff only need RM1305 for Genuine softwares,but compare to us, programmers and designers...4 times the price.

Just to have a programmer in a company, a company need to spend RM5000++ on just Genuine softwares.... High Cost. Actually Dreamweaver and Photoshop cost the most. As they reach thousands...

My office Designer get the Adobe Creative Suite(including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and others) which cost RM5500++

There is another programmer in my office. He requested Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator. Illustrator was beening rejected. Haha ~~ over cost I guess.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin