Monday, August 27, 2007

Ghost Month

Chinese 7th month of the lunar calender represent the ghost month. Normally chinese people will have prayers at 1st, 15th, 30th of the month to those ghost. My mum doesn't follow all these rules and regulation of the chinese. Not even pray for the 9th day of the chinese new year. Usually they will have shows to entertain. My friend house, every year also sure have this kind of shows, even my house at Penang too.

This year, I was at TS house, manage to see how they pray. Before they pray, they cooked, buy alot of foods, eg: sugar cane, fruits, whole mountain of snacks, mee, rice, duck (at the picure above, 1st time I see whole duck at the cooking pot), chinese buns.... etc. Alot. Then we need to help on folding some paper gold to be burn to them. Also 1st time folding, seeing TS so easy and fast to fold on the gold paper. He have been folding a long time seens he wad a child.

I didn't take a photo during the prayer, because they say, you might snap some thing that you might not want to see... But here I can only describe it.

They pray at 12 noon on the 15th of the month. All the food is put up on the table and it have a small flag on top on each food. TS say last time he tend to take those flag and play after the prayer. Then they have the pray. After that at night, we can see alot of candles and "xiang" at the floor. I never ask why they need to do like that.

Good experience. Almost all people there will pray. Grand pray. As if its chinese new year

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin