"Shawls ... made for centuries universal and embracing, symbolic of an inclusive, unconditionally loving, God. They wrap, enfold, comfort, cover, give solace, mother, hug, shelter and beautify. Those who have received these shawls have been uplifted and affirmed, as if given wings to fly above their troubles…”I didn't know that there is a meaning for shawl. I love shawl because of the colors. And it can sometimes make me warm when its a cool weather. I thought it was just a purely fashion base knowlege.
Written in 1998 by: Janet Bristow © 2005
There are some uses for the shawl...
- Undergoing medical procedures;
- as a comfort after a loss, during bereavement, prayer or meditation,
- commitment or marriage ceremonies, birthing, nursing a baby;
- as a bridal shower gift;
- leading ritual;
- first menses or croning rites of passage, during an illness and recovery;
- ministering to others or just socializing...
Some more, there are symbolic meaning of different colors of shawl. Check it out
My lovely sister brought 3 shawls for me from Singapore.
- pink (toning from pink to light pink)
- Blue (tonning from blue to light blue)
3 of them are normal shawl. My sister brought it in a warehouse sales. 3 for s$10. Converted to RM is about RM23. Per shawl is almost rm8. Shopping malls in KL are selling RM20++ for 1 shawl... See how much they earn.